Montserrat Morning Tour from Barcelona
About this experience
Take this half-day excursion, leave Barcelona with us and explore the mountain of Montserrat, the silent guardian of the Catalan capital!
We will depart from Barcelona and reach Montserrat on a comfortable bus from where you can admire the scenic route we take.
Montserrat is a very peculiar mountain. Its rocks were formed by natural cement of sand: wind and rain, during the centuries, shaped the peeks with bizarre and varied forms. People used to give them names and inventing legends to explain their origin in a mythological way.
Once there, we will visit the Royal Basilica old Montserrat, an ancient Benedict sanctuary founded one millennium ago, in 1025!
Here is kept the Verge Moreneta, "The Black Madonna" a fascinating statue representing the Holy Mary with a dark skin tone. There are many legends around this bizarre statue, and there are similar black madonnas in other parts of the Mediterranean world: what's their secret?
You will have free time to visit the audio-visual exhibition about the foundation and the history of this little Monastery that soon began a place for pilgrims and visitors from all around the world.
We will also have the opportunity to taste a typical liquor made by the monks themselves, following the ancient recipes.
What are you waiting for? Come with us and discover the mystic heart of the mountain, the majestic Montserrat!
How to use the voucher
Exchange your printed voucher at the meeting point
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
• Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
• Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
• At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold.
• Air conditioned motor coach
• Bilingual guide
• Taste of 4 typical liquors. Handmade by the monks of the monastery.
• Entrance to the audio visual exhibition in Montserrat “Espai Audio visual Montserrat”. The exhibition is based on three fundamental pillars: mountain, monastery and sanctuary. It explains to its visitors the history, natural creation and significance of this pilgrimage site.
What's not included
• Food and drinks, unless specified
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
Estació del Nord: ground floor, platform 19 - Carrer d’Alí Bei 80