Genoa traditional food tour
About this experience
Are you ready to taste Italian and regional specialties? Join our Genoa food tour and explore Genoa’s downtown with a local food guide!
You will meet your guide in the heart of the city: its port, in front of the Neptune Galleon replica.
We will take a seat in a characteristic restaurant to try some of the best traditional dishes. You will find yourself into an authentic and genuine atmosphere, the true Genoan spirit!
Here is a list of possible choices, among the rich and delicious regional tradition!
• Pasta with pesto - the classic Pesto sauce, which is consumed in the whole country and known as an Italian specialty, was actually born in Genoa. Try the original recipe made of local fresh basil and pine nuts!
• Savory pastries - there are many kinds of pastries in the world, but here you will taste best ones into an old Sciamadda (a characteristic "takeaway" from the beginning of 20thCentury).
• Focaccia with cheese - 2 very slim layers of dough filled with "Stracchino" which is a typical soft cheese common all around the country but produced in Recco a small village next to Genoa.
• Fried squids - Genoa is a harbor city with traditional seafood-based cuisine. Our tender fried squids will melt in your mouth!
• Anchovies - freshly fished, the most beloved fish of this part of Italy
• Frisco - little fried pancake with vegetables. Usually eaten as entrees and appetizers.
• Artisan ice cream - we will also visit a gourmet ice cream shop, where you are going to taste the best artisan gelatos in town, featuring both traditional and new tastes
• Espresso - you can't miss the Italian rituals to end the meal: an espresso coffee!
Let's come with us and discover Genova from a different perspective: at the table!
How to use the voucher
Mobile Voucher Accepted
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the start of the tour.
Français, Español, Italiano, English
Food and drink included
What's not included
Neptune Galleon (near Aquarium)