Naples pizza food tour
Guided tour and food tastings
About this experience
Follow your friendly local guide and taste unmissable regional specialties!
Do you know why we designed this Naples pizza tour? Because could not forgive ourselves if you come to Naples without trying a genuine Pizza!
All around the world, people eat pizza quite often but there is only one place where you can find the original one and that place is Naples!
Neapolitan Pizza was early invented during the 17th century and then improved until 1800 with the introduction of the tomato and mozzarella and, this wat, the world-known Pizza Margherita was born, precisely in1889. Raffaelle Esposito, the legendary chef who invented it, gave this name in honor of the Queen Margherita.
Our Naples Pizza tour will lead you among variations on the theme of pizza, walking surrounded by the amazing beauty of the historical city center with the help of your friendly local guide.
Here's a list of possible tastings:
• Handmade Napolitan Tarallo - it represents the most traditional street food in Naples. A salty and crumbly biscuit, with a dash of black pepper, almonds, and lard, the latter being the basic ingredient capable of granting a unique taste. A must try!
• Fried pizza - this street food is also known as “people’s pizza” because it used to be sold on the streets by women in the aftermath of WW2 to make up a salary. It is often served filled with tomato, ricotta, and provola (traditional Italian cheeses). We are going to taste the most typical variants, in the oldest chip shops frequented only by Naples’ locals.
• Pasta omelet - the local name of this fried pasta is “frittata ‘e maccarune” and its an unmissable food of Neapolitan tradition. Simple preparation yet delicious flavor, everybody loves it.
• Pizza marinara or Margherita - the true original pizza. You can't miss it, of course.
• Snowflake - be ready to experience one of the best desserts you have ever tried! The recipe is kept as a secret and you will understand why when you taste it! s
• Espresso - What's the other specialties everyone links to Italy but it was actually invented here in Naples? The Espresso! Every Italian use to end the meal with an espresso coffee: here you are going to taste the best one in the country!
Don't miss this opportunity! Discover the Pizza culture in Naples with this carefully designed food tour!
How to use the voucher
Mobile Voucher Accepted
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the start of the tour.
What's not included
Piazzetta Duca d'Aosta