Pisa Food Tour
With a local guide
About this experience
Tuscany and Pisa have always known as the capital of genuine and delicious food. Thanks to our carefully designed tour you will discover many and different aspects of Pisa while tasting the best recipe they can offer!
You will immerse yourself in the city atmosphere and see how locals live its spaces every day.
Our friendly local guide will show you the city’s most famous and historic places and the best eateries where you can find the “Pisano” taste and flavors: beginning from the characteristic rustic Tuscan salamis and cheeses, to the legendary focaccia “cecina” (from Italian “Ceci”: chickpeas), and finish our culinary voyage with a gelato one of the historical ice-cream stores in Pisa.
If you want to know Pisa food tradition for real, join our walking tour and sit down restaurants that only locals know!
Here is the list of your possible tastings:
• Cold meats from Tuscany - the leading Tuscan cured meats along with a glass of excellent red wine in the settings of one of the oldest wine bars in Pisa.
• Tuscan soup - one of the most popular dishes of the Pisan farmers' tradition: homemade bread, savoy cabbage, pork, onions, potatoes, and beans. You will have it in one of the oldest city restaurants!
• Ribollita - another recipe from the farmers’ world, wisely prepared in the same way since generations, in one of the most characteristic and vital trattorias of Pisa.
• Pisa breed stew - delicious and traditional Pisan dish, to taste in one of the most trustworthy local taverns! This is a specialty you will not easily find everywhere else.
• Uccelletto style beans with sausage - strong and popular Tuscan dish made with cannellini beans, tomato sauce, sage, and black pepper and served with the delicious Tuscan sausage.
• Cecina - extremely flat focaccia, made by mixing chickpea flour with water, salt, and olive oil. Soft inside and crisp on the outside; an unmissable Pisa specialty. They have a weird rivalry with Livorno regarding this recipe and our local guide will tell you more about it.
• Gelato gourmet -a delicious gelato made with rare and unusual tastes like the outcome of careful research of local, fresh products. The point when tradition meets innovation!
Don't miss this chance and discover Pisa food culture for real!
How to use the voucher
Mobile Voucher Accepted
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the start of the tour.
Español, Italiano, English
What's not included
Piazza Garibaldi (statue)