Turin Patisserie Food tour
With a local guide
About this experience
Turin is known in Italy to be the capital of chocolate and nuts. Turin is proud of its long-standing confectionery tradition but its culinary culture is way broader!
During winter, before a theatre play or a painting’s exhibition, Turinese people love to spend time in traditional cafes, under the "Portici" (the characteristic arcades of the city), drinking hot good drinks and tasting one of the many pastries representatives of Piedmont tradition.
Thanks to our carefully designed Turin patisserie food tour you will taste the best of the city while listening to anecdotes and legends about the city: palace intrigues, lucky statues, and cursed ones...
We’ll drink hot and cold drinks (depending on the season), try truly fresh desserts, prepared in front of our eyes by the expert hands of pastry chefs, rigorously with local ingredients from the territory, the same ones since ages...
Here's the list of possible tastings:
• Gianduiotti - gianduiotto is the legendary bar of chocolate born in 1852 in Turin, shaped as lingots and especially creamy. Gianduiotti is separately wrapped in gold tinfoil and made with a unique mixture of Piedmont hazelnut, cocoa, and sugar.
• Bicerin - It is a complex and delicious drink made of espresso, drinking chocolate, and whole milk (or heavy cream) served in a large glass. The drink is popular since the 18th century and was also honored by Alexandre Dumas in its letters.
• Marron glacé - it is a refined confection, born in Piedmont and consisting of a chestnut candied in sugar syrup and glazed. It was invented shortly after the crusaders came back to Europe with sugar because chestnuts were a very handy ingredient in the woods of Piedmont. Marron glaceés were the preferred dessert of the royal family!
• Pinguino ice cream - during winter, we will taste the original artisan gelato covered in crunchy dark chocolate. We will take to the gelateria where they invented the Pinguino, making a huge contribution to the Italian tradition in gelato-making.
• Cremino - is a kind of chocolate from Piedmont, made of three layers of chocolate, the outer ones are made with gianduia chocolate, while the inner one can be made with coffee, hazelnut paste, lemon and so much more. Its common shape is a cube and it's wrapped in tinfoil with a band that designates the flavor.
• Artisanal sliced chocolate - straight from a giant chocolate bar, you can choose your favorite taste among many flavors.
• Artisanal gelato - in a family-run gelato laboratory, you will have a look at the equipment used for the preparation of the most loved gelato by the people of Turin and, of course, taste it!
• Caffè espresso - the perfect way to end our food tour, just like any Italian ends its meal: an excellent espresso. We will take one in one of the oldest and most elegant cafes in town.
Don't miss the chance to discover Turin from a different perspective!
Book now and meet its true spirit!
How to use the voucher
Mobile Voucher Accepted
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the start of the tour.
Sweets and drink
What's not included
Piazza San Carlo (Emanuele FIliberto statue)