Venice food tour
About this experience
Follow your foodie guide and taste the best of Venice in characteristic osterias
Our Venice food tour is also known as The Bacaro, from the local name given to the small downtown bars, frequented by locals to taste genuine regional food.
The bacari are the iconic osterias in the lagoon: their interiors stay simple and warm as the people who come here. The same goes for the cuisine: only genuine products cooked as the tradition commands!
Our carefully designed food tour will get you into the friendly lagoon mood and join the vivacious aperitivo time of the Venetian people, tasting outstanding wines and eating the characteristic gourmet snacks (‘Cicchetti’), along the Cannareggio canal.
Aperitivo is a common habit for every Italians: when the working day finishes, they meet up in bars to drink and eat something together. But only in Venice, you can try the original Spritz and the Cicchetti, small plates of meatballs, fish, vegetable preparations, toasted bread with toppings, deep-fried treats. The most iconic version of aperitivo, lately exported and reinvented all around the country!
Here is a list of possible tastings:
• Spritz - the foundation of Venetian aperitivo. The name comes from spritzen, an Austrian word relating to the practice of watering down wine during the war with sparkling beverages.
At the beginning of the 20th century, the cocktail we know today was born and they did add the sweet-tasting Aperol to sparkling water and wine.
Here's an indicative list of what you are going to taste!
• Prosecco - local, high-quality prosecco is the perfect way to spend time at Italian bars. Drink it in good company is even better!
• Crostini - toasted artisan bread topped or stuffed with a variety of local fresh ingredients. Some of them are the sarde in saor (sardines with caramelized onions, vinegar pine nuts, and risings), cured meats, cheeses with truffle sauces, veggie balls and mixed fried snacks.
• Warm dishes - We are also going to taste proper Venetian dishes: risotto, deep-fried mozzarella sandwich (‘mozzarella in carrozza’), codfish with cornmeal and the aubergines with tomato sauce, mozzarella and basil (‘melanzane alla parmigiana’).
• Espresso coffee and chocolate -to end the meal like a true Italian we are going to try the best espressos in town along with wondrous artisan chocolates in most popular confectionery in Venice.
Live the magic of Venice with us and taste its extraordinary food!
How to use the voucher
Mobile Voucher Accepted
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the start of the tour.
Sweets and drink
What's not included
Santi Giovanni e Paolo church (near front door)