Explore one of Rome's most famous and magnificent sites without the long lines! Discover why the American philosopher Ralph Waldo Emerson described this site as "an ornament of the earth … the sublime of the beautiful"
St. Peter is the primary temple of Christianity and is built in the Renaissance style with a central dome that dominates the skyline of Rome. As you enter the church, you will see that its interior is much bigger than those of any other cathedral.
You will begin your tour with one of the greatest masterpieces of all time, "La Pietà" by Michelangelo and you will have the opportunity to visit the tomb of Saint John Paul II.
At the heart of the Basilica, beneath the high altar and the Bernini's Baldachin, you will discover the “Confession” or “Chapel of the Confession”, in reference to the confession of faith by St. Peter, which lead to his martyrdom.
Two curving marble staircases lead to this underground chapel at the level of the Constantinian church and immediately above the burial place of Saint Peter.
You will see that the entire interior of St. Peter's is lavishly decorated with marble, reliefs, architectural sculpture, mosaics and gilding. Luxurious and elegant will come to mind.
Come and enjoy the Queen of all of the Basilicas!
• There will be no charge for children under 7 years of age. Please provide proof of age
• Entrance to the Vatican requires a strict dress code*
• The service begins and ends in St. Peter's Square.
• On Wednesdays, access to St. Peter's Basilica & Square may be closed at the time of the morning tour due to the Papal Audience.
• Clients must arrive at the designated meeting point 15 minutes prior to the scheduled tour time and present their tour voucher to the tour coordinator/guide. It is the individual responsibility of all visitors to arrive at the tour departure point.
• Shoulders and knees must be covered
• Low cut or sleeveless tops or shorts are not allowed for both men and women.
• Clients that do not adhere to the dress code will not be permitted entry to the Vatican.
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
• Guided tour of the Basilica with Official Vatican guides
• Skip the line service before the entrance of the metal detectors
• Guided or audioguided tour of the Dome (Cupola)
• Hotel pick-up/drop-off
• Optional activity costs
The meeting point is - facing the Basilica - on the right side, OUTSIDE St. Peter's Square (important, not inside) just in front the Vatican Post Office. Vox Mundi staff - wearing a blue jacket with Vox Mundi logo printed on it) will wait for you 15' before the visit booked time, in order to accompany you - through a dedicated gate - inside the Basilica.
Esperienza indimenticabile. La ns guida ci ha fatto innamorare sia di Roma che dei Romani.... Che bel tour! Una esperienza mistica con coinvolgimenti di natura storica artistica. Ottima combinazione.
Our guide presented us a lot of interesting facts we hadn't heard before. Her english is simple and easy to understand even if your english is not on the high level like ours! Not too many guides speak Norwegian!!
ottimo tour con guida eccellente. Ho dovuto attendere solo 15 min prima di entrare. Se avessi fatto la fila avrei probabilmente atteso oltre 2 ore. Ottimo servizio
Long line to enter! I got on line and found this service. Was worthwhile I had with my 2 kids great time . Nice staff !
We were there at 1:30PM on a weekday when it was HOT!!. Money just to skip the line was worth it. Tour lasted a little over one hour so it's hard to decide what to see. Was easy to hear the guide thanks to the radio system they provide.The skip the line service and the guide make a great combination.